PhD, Associate Professor of the Chamber Ensemble Department in National Music Academy of Ukraine and harpsichord at R. GLIER KYIV MUNICIPAL ACADEMY OF MUSIC . Laureat of seven International Competitions. Studied at professors Svitlana Shabaltina (harpsichord), Igor Ryabov and Valeriy Kozlov (piano), took part at master-courses of harpsichord and piano playing with Frederic Aguessy, Mikhail Arkadiev, Philippe Bianconi, Berngard Billiter, Teresa Dusso, Philippe Entremont, Alexis Galperin, Martin Gester, Bernd Goetzke, Jay Gottlieb, Ketil Haugsand, Wladyslaw Klosewicz, Robert Kulek, Noel Lee, Diana Ligeti, Christopher Stambridge, Marek Toporovski, Elzbeta Stefanska, Michel Ulmann, Aline Zylberajch, Ton Koopman and others.
Plays numerous harpsichord and piano concerts as solo-player, accompanist and member of ensemble, chamber or symphonic orchestra with the main musical collectives of city of Kiev; also appears as an organist in Ukraine and abroad, in particular in Argentina, UK, Norway, the Netherlands, South Korea, France, USA, Hungary etc.
As a participant of the Two violins project she represented Ukraine during the Winter Olympic games in Phongchang and Seoul (Feb, 2018), and Youth Olympic games (Buenos-Aires, Argentine); took part in the jazz festival ASUJAZZ (Asuncion, Paraguay, Oct. 2018).
2001-2011 – accompanist of Opera staging department; 2011-nowadays - other opera projects (Gluck's «Orfeo», Walton's «The Bear», Donizetti's «Rita», Purcell's «King Arthur», «Fairy Queen», «Dioclesian», Mozart's «Don Giovanni» etc.). Performed together with ensembles «Kiev-baroque-ensemble», «Offertorium», «Ars Amarilli», «Secundum artem», «Lege artis».
Awards and achievements:
- Diploma of Russian youth competition of chamber ensembles (Russia, Novomoskovsk, 1995).
- Diploma of International child's musical festival „Visiting Ayvazovski” (Ukraine, Feodosia, 1996).
- Diploma of the best concertmaster of Second international competition of performers on the wind instruments named after D. Bida (Ukraine, Lviv, 2000).
- The First Prize of International competition of young performers „ХХІ-century art” (Ukraine, Kiev, Vorzel, 2003).
- The Third Prize of International competition of young performers „ХХІ-century art” (Ukraine, Kiev, Vorzel, 2006).
- The First Prize and Audience Prize of International competition “Three centuries of classical romance” (Russia, Saint-Petersburg, 2008).
- The First Prize in “Section Solo”, The Absolute First Prize in Section “Bach Concerto for Harpsichord with an Orchestra” of Wanda Landowska Harpsichord Competition (Bari, Italy, 2014).
- Diploma of the Chopin Roma Competition (Rome, 2015)
- Absolute winner in the International Piano Competition (Serbia, 2016)
- 1st Prize in the International Tadini Competition (Lovere, 2016)
- Distinguished Musician at IBLA Grand Prize, ІІ Prize at Pietro Argento Competition.
Participant of the First harpsichord Festival „Cembalissimo“ (Hungary, Budapest), Montisi summer school (Italy), Dartington Summer school (UK), Olavsfestdagene (Norway), Festival Zeist Music Days, Fringe Oude Muziek Utrecht (The Netherlands).
Olena Zhukova has defended Ph. D. thesis “Piano music of Francis Poulenc in the context of French keyboard traditions” (2009).
Collaborated as the Early music expert at the Radio “Aristocrats”, where with students and colleagues realized several projects with live music, visual art and lectures.
As an accompanist she took part in the Second Edition of the Master Courses of Baroque Singing in the class of outstanding specialists and international authorities in the field of HIP Peter Kooij (Netherlands) and Olga Pasichnyk (Ukraine) with works by JS Bach, GF Telemann, D. Buxtehude and GF Handel (September 23-27, 2020, Poland, Szczawnica).
Her harpsichord repertoire includes French, German, British, Italian music.